Thursday, May 2, 2013

My First Business Trip to Chengdu, China

PANACEA- Erasmus Mundus Selection Meeting
I finally experienced my first business trip; representing my Office and my University to China. Last month, I went to Sichuan University, located in Chengdu, Sichuan Province for the PANACEA Selection Meeting. PANACEA is one project under Erasmus Mundus Action II that promotes the academic mobility between Asian-Europe universities. Universitas Gadjah Mada is the only Indonesian university participating as Asian partner in this consortium. It is the second time UGM joined the project that previously named MAHEVA.

The committee issued me the ticket that flew me from Yogyakarta-> Jakarta  (stay overnight at the hotel)-->  Guangzhou -> Chengdu.  I hope the pictures below would speak louder than my words :

the hotel from the front
view from my hotel room #1 -cozy cafe-


view from my hotel room #2 - street and buildings-
can you imagine, "half of the applicants are originated from Indonesia"!
my new friend, Carol, Filipino lady working in AIT Thailand
fine dining during lunch time
good food, happy tummy
full of color - situation during selection meeting
royal Chinese restaurant
a corner in traditional Chinese restaurant
a good quality of jasmine tea
a dining set
 












in front of  famous Hot-Pot restaurant

a kind and reliable LO








A Panda Base Visit






   









Impressive Sichuan University Musem












No comments: